Thursday 11 November 2010

2nd thrifted dress...the pink blinding-people dress

This is the second dress I bought at Mon amour 77.. and this one is pretty hard to handle.
The owner of the shop told me it has the Yves Saint Laurent pink, a very very flashy pink from the 80's that I adore
It also has little golden studs on the front..

I first styled it with black, the more reasonable option, not to blind people on the streets : black tights, black cardigan, black belt...






In fact, what I would really go for is pink and red... I love to combine warm and flashy colors but it's not so easy to wander the streets of Paris like this.. especially since I'm also plus-size.. that would be 2 reasons to be "checked"...
I had a drink with a spanish friend last night and she used a very perfect word to describe what people do in Paris : they "check" you...
It's really parisian... I haven't experienced it so strongly elsewhere...
No matter if you're plus-size, skinny, well dressed or not...
It's nearly like a reflex and it makes you feel really jugded and in a rather bad way

In short, here is the second outfit : the pink dress and red tights, red cardigan and red belt...




No comments:

Post a Comment